The alternative to cloud services
We never wanted to build just another survey service. SurveyJS does what others can’t.
Run surveys on your own domain.
Display surveys in the same browser window together with your content.
Build surveys that match your site’s look and feel.
Modify surveys in your web applications and store data on your servers.
Most tools cannot do any of this, and we couldn’t find a single tool that could do all of this. That’s when we decided to build SurveyJS. No matter which client libraries or
server platform you use to build your website, every part of our product is available as a library that seamlessly integrates into your app.
Spend a Few Hours
and Replicate What the Big Guys Do
You can create a complete survey service in just a few hours – with the questionnaire creator, survey runner, and result storage – all on your own website. It may seem an insurmountable task to replicate what big survey companies do.
So let us break down a typical survey service. You’ll see that you can easily implement and integrate our ready-made libraries to create your own survey solution.
The Survey Creator allows users to create/modify a survey definition. You can start with a survey list and add/edit/delete buttons – a typical programming task. Then add an editor page where a user can create/modify a survey. Now that’s a big deal. The good news is that we have been working on the Survey Creator widget for the last few years and you can simply add it to your page and write code to load/save the survey definition. A developer license is also available and allows you to add your own survey creator to your website.
Examples of Survey Service Implementations
Review our survey service examples to try them online and download their source code for the most popular server platforms.
Deep integration into your system
This part goes beyond what would expect from a cloud service. You can add security functionality or change the default behavior of our SurveyJS Creator, Library and Analytics Packs. What’s impossible with other cloud services, SurveyJS makes attainable.
Learn more: How SurveyJS Libraries Interact with the Server and Integrate with a Backend.
You decide how to best combine our online services
and developer libraries
There are many ways to put our libraries and cloud services to work - from a standard survey / form builder cloud solution
to complete integration into your web application without the need to rely on remote services.
Everything in our cloud
Run surveys as part of your web applications
- Create a survey on our website.
- Use the JSON definition created on our website to run the survey on your site - load JSON as text or use our services to reference it by 'Id' as shown in this example. In the latter case, the survey on your page is automatically updated when you change the survey definition on our website.
- Save the responses to our cloud service and use our site to analyze the data.
Save results in your storage
- Create surveys on our website.
- Use the survey JSON definition created on our website to run the survey on your site.
- Save the results in your own data storage To do this, handle an event that fires when users navigate between pages or when the survey is complete.
- Create a results page on your website to view / analyze responses. You can use our our Analytics Pack for this task.
Fully self-hosted solution
- Use our Survey Creator to create a web page on your site where users can create or edit their surveys / forms.
- Store the survey definition in your data storage. You can customize our Survey Creator, including design and behavior, based on your business requirements.
- Load the survey JSON definition from your storage into the survey widget and run it in your web application.
- Save the results in your data strorage when the survey completes.
- Create a page to view / analyze responses. You can use our Analytics Pack for this task.
Our customers come from different industries such as banks, insurance companies, medical, health and educational organizations.
Some use our open-source software to create digital surveys and forms. Others integrated our paid products into their apps
to create complete on-site solutions.